Thursday, June 2, 2011

Show Time.

It's time! Six months of rehearsal. Countless hours of practice. A huge youth choir. And now, we leave! We've been looking forward to this day for months; some of us, years. Tonight we're gonna load up the bus and head to Union, SC and have our first performance. We're gonna get up in front of hundreds of kids in a detention center and sing to them about Jesus. And tomorrow, we go to NEW YORK! We're gonna be going into Riker's Island. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a VERY high security prison. So high security that each girl has to walk in with a boy who has been assigned to her. Scary, I know. But if we don't go to these prisoners, who will? God said GO and tell ALL. Well as far as I'm concerned, criminals are definitley included in the group of "all" that was mentioned. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. You can pray for us, but I'd rather you pray for the prisoners that we're trying to reach...they are the reason we're going. When I get back I'll have a post that I'm sure will be filled with crazy stories and such, but for now I'm gonna finish packing......"I'm ready Lord!!!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment