Thursday, April 14, 2011

Boundries

At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. -GREYS ANATOMY


Stop putting up boundries. This is what I have to repeat to myself. It shocks most people. They say, "But you're so outgoing! Why would you have boundries?" First of all, you don't know me. Second, you.dont.know.me. Yeah sure, I seem outgoing-I AM outgoing in parts of my life...at least, the parts I let you see. I can't help it. I just can't. I guess its hard for  a lot of people to understand where I'm coming from. Most people my age haven't been through half of the crap I've been through- or rather, put myself through. But then, people who are older say "I'm too young to have experienced life"...BULL. I just laugh, because if they knew HALF of the stuff I've been through, they'd probably have a heartattack. Its harder for people who have been hurt to just jump back in the game. There is an unspoken fear...we don't like to talk about it..we don't even like to think about it. But its always there. Everytime we get closer to improvement or moving on, it pops back into our minds. I know, I understand. Most people don't understand. Even family doesn't...they've either never been in relationships or have almost perfect ones. Good for them...I know that sounds sarcastic but I really am happy for them! So as easy as it is to say "stop putting up boundries" it's gonna take a lifetime to actually achieve.

2 comments: